Major Project Grants
Alberta Ecotrust FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to C $30,000
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 13, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The heart of Alberta Ecotrust’s work is supporting the people and projects that effectively address Alberta’s most pressing environmental issues. We accomplish this primarily by investing Alberta environmental non-governmental organizations to more effectively deliver programs, projects, and results that advance their environmental missions within our issue priorities.
This program is designed to support more comprehensive projects that have the potential to result in substantial environmental benefit. The application process is more comprehensive and will be undertaken in two parts. These projects must be completed within a year.
All projects must align with at least one of our environmental priorities. If you are in doubt, please contact us before proceeding with your application.
- Water – Protection and conservation of water and/or the maintenance of water quality
- Land Use – Protection or enhancement of ecological function of native and developed landscapes, including biodiversity, wildlife habitat and land use management.
- Climate Change – Protection of the atmosphere, greenhouse gas and emissions reductions, and energy conservation
Before starting your application, we strongly encourage you to contact our Program and Engagement Manager – at least 5 days before the grant deadline – for some feedback on your idea.We can often provide additional context, contacts and information that will improve your application!
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Alberta Ecotrust funds environmental projects in the province of Alberta only.
- National organizations are eligible to apply if the project is being undertaken in Alberta and includes Alberta partners.
- The following criteria must be met to be eligible for funding for a Community Grant:
- Project must take place in Alberta
- Address one or more of our environmental priorities
- Applicants must provide additional 25% of project funding as a matching contribution
- Matching contribution can be either cash or in-kind
- Project end date is a maximum of 12 months after the start date.
- Alberta Ecotrust grants enable Alberta ENGOs to more effectively deliver programs, projects and results that advance their environmental missions within our issue priorities.
- Organizations eligible for funding:
- Public interest charities operating in Alberta whose vision and mission primarily focus on protecting the environment
- Qualified First Nations
- We do not fund projects in other provinces or countries.
- The following organizations are not eligible to receive funding from Alberta Ecotrust:
- Private sector organizations, for-profit businesses
- Business associations
- Educational institutions
- Municipal, provincial/territorial and federal governments
- Government agencies
- For-profit cooperatives
- Political parties
- Please note the following activities will not be eligible for funding:
- Projects mandated by any order of government
- Political lobbying
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Major Project Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.