Maki Foundation Grant Program
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: May 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Maki Foundation, established in 1981, is concerned with environmental protection in the western United States. The foundation supports organizations working to improve public lands policy, protect biological diversity, and defend wildlands. The Maki Foundation's geographic area of interest includes New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.
The Foundation awards grants to organizations and projects where modest support can make a significant contribution. Many of our grantees are grassroots groups with a focus on activism and policy change, particularly in the realm of public lands management The majority of successful applicants for Maki grants are small local and regional grassroots organizations working to protect public lands and rivers from threats such as mineral development, unconstrained off-road vehicle use, and poorly planned water projects.
At this time, the Foundation's priorities are as follows:
- wilderness and wildlands protection
- river and wetlands conservation
- biological diversity conservation
- public lands management
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations with 501(c)3 tax exemption ruling are eligible to apply.
- The Maki Foundation's geographic area of interest includes New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.
- Because of its small size, the Foundation rarely funds groups with annual budgets over $1 million.
- The Foundation does not consider requests for the acquisition or construction of community recreation facilities, buildings, municipal parks, reservoirs, and similar projects.
- Limited resources preclude
consideration of funding for wildlife rehabilitation centers, zoos,
recycling programs, tree planting projects, toxic waste cleanup, film
productions, and fellowships.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Maki Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.