Malacological Society of Australasia Research Grants
Malacological Society of AustralasiaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 30, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Between 1981 and 1996, the Keith Sutherland Award funded over 40 molluscan research projects undertaken by both amateurs and research students. More than 50 publications in respected international scientific journals were published from these grants, as were a number of books.
Initially funded solely by the Australian Museum, in 1993, the Malacological Society of Australasia became a co-sponsor of the award. Regretfully, in 1996 the Australian Museum decided to discontinue its support for the award.
The Malacological Society will continue support for molluscan research with a grant scheme to be known temporarily as the Mollusc Research Grants. The Council would favourably consider naming the award after a donor, or their nominee, if a substantial donation was made to the Endowment Fund.
To assist outstanding graduate students and others in undertaking research in malacology.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- There are no restrictions on who may apply,
- Any project which plans to increase knowledge of Australasian molluscs will be eligible.
- Preference will be given to projects seeking to resolve problems in molluscan taxonomy or whole animal biology.
- The committee granting the awards will generally give preference to candidates who are not employed as professional malacologists.
- Projects of a broad physiological or ecological nature in which molluscs are ancillary to the main aim of the project will be given low priority.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Malacological Society of Australasia Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.