Mandell and Lester Rosenblatt & Robert N. Herbert Undergraduate Scholarship
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $6,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2020
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
SNAME offers competitive scholarships to undergraduate and students of naval architecture and marine engineering. Students with exceptional academic credentials are encouraged to apply (there is one application and applicants will be considered for both named scholarships). The scholarships each provide a maximum of $6,000 to an undergraduate scholar having a passion for naval architecture, marine or ocean engineering, and displaying evidence of professionalism and involvement in SNAME.
Rosenblatt Undergraduate Scholarship
Mandell and Lester Rosenblatt founded M. Rosenblatt & Son, Inc. in 1947. Through the unending drive of its founders, the company grew to be one of the world's largest private naval architecture and marine engineering firms. The founders led the company in the design and development of all types of naval and commercial ships. The Rosenblatt's expertise extended from aircraft carriers and submarines to tankers, tugs and high performance craft. Many of the world's most innovative designs can be attributed to the company. SNAME remembers and celebrates the combined legacy of Mandell and Lester Rosenblatt through the scholarship dedicated in their names.
Herbert Undergraduate Scholarship
In 1963, Robert N, Herbert, Naval Architects opened for business. Bob Herbert started this venture with a clear vision of the type of work he wanted to do, and most importantly, how he wanted to do business. His keen sense for innovation, and his honest, straightforward manner helped build long term relationships with his clients. Herbert was also an innovative employer who realized the importance of providing employees with a stake in the company. The company was incorporated as Herbert Engineering Corp. in 1975, with all shares owned by employees who actively participate in the company's management. SNAME remembers and celebrates the legacy of Mr. Herbert through the scholarship dedicated in his name.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Open to U. S., Canadian and International applicants.
- All applicants must study in the U.S., Canada, or abroad in approved institutions.
- SNAME membership required four months prior to application submission deadline (i.e. February 1st).
- Applicants should be actively involved members of a SNAME Student Section and committed to future membership.
- Awards are made for one year of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree in naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering or in fields directly related to the marine industry.
- Applicants must not receive their Bachelor’s Degree prior to April 15th of the academic year for which the scholarship applies.
- Undergraduate scholarships are awarded to an individual only once.
- Scholarship funds may be used for student tuition, textbooks and academic fees, or other academically related expenses in pursuit of study or research.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. The applicant must currently be an actively involved member of a SNAME Student Section (have had membership for at least four months prior to the application deadline, i.e., February 1) and be committed to future membership.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mandell and Lester Rosenblatt & Robert N. Herbert Undergraduate Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.