Immigrants and Refugee Empowerment and Education Grant
Marbrook FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 8, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Anoka County, Carver County, Dakota County, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Scott County, Washington County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of Marbrook Foundation is to promote the values of the Brooks family by making grants and focusing involvement in designated charitable areas and causes that reflect those values.
Immigrants and Refugee Empowerment and Education
Marbrook Foundation is interested in supporting initiatives or organizations that empower and create opportunity for new immigrants and refugees in the Twin Cities metro area.
As the immigrant and refugee populations grow and become increasingly diverse, so does the potential for enrichment and transformation in our communities. Marbrook Foundation believes that addressing the opportunities and challenges that come with blending cultures, languages and beliefs strengthen our shared communities and contribute to the well-being of all citizens.
The Foundation will consider proposals for programs that support immigrant and refugees in the following areas:
- Culturally safe and conducive learning environments for children and youth. These programs may include a focus on mindfullness.
- Intentional intercultural learning, and cross-cultural experiences
- Healthy development, life-skill development, and well-being for youth and families
- The development of skills for financial independence
- Leadership development and empowerment in the community
- Cultural preservation
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation accepts no more than one proposal per year from each organization.
- After five consecutive years of giving to an organization, Marbrook will cease making grants to the organization for at least one year, per the Foundation’s phase-out policy.
- The Foundation only makes grants to 501c3 charitable organizations.
- The Foundation does not fund:
- Health clinics and medical treatment
- Food shelves or food stamp programs
- Conferences and events
- Individual college and academic scholarships
- Affordable housing
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Immigrants and Refugee Empowerment and Education Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.