March of Dimes General Research Grant
March of Dimes
Grant amount: Approximately US $100,000
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 28, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 15, 2018 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The March of Dimes Foundation (hereinafter referred to as MOD) defines a birth defect as any abnormality of structure or function, whether inherited, or acquired in utero and presenting in infancy and childhood. Deviations from reproductive health of women and men as an underlying basis of birth defects, i.e., preconceptional events, perinatal course and premature births, are appropriate subjects for research support. (We do not accept applications dealing with infertility.)
Purpose of Grants
The ultimate aim of research supported by the MOD is prevention of birth defects.
Authority for Making Grants
Grants are made by the Board of Trustees of the MOD acting on the
recommendations of the President and the appropriate Research Advisory
MOD reserves the right to cancel a grant for cause at any time and require the
return of funds.
General Research Grant Program
MOD invites all qualified scientists with faculty appointments or the equivalent, at universities,
hospitals and research institutions (not for profit or profit), to submit applications for research grants
relevant to our mission. This encompasses basic biological processes governing differentiation and
development involving both human and animal model systems, genetics and genomics of these
processes, clinical studies, reproductive health and environmental toxicology. Social and behavioral
studies are encouraged concerning cognitive and behavioral risks that affect outcomes of pregnancy,
the perinatal period, and subsequent child development. The latter may involve family units and
those genes, toxicants and social determinants that adversely affect language or behavior.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- MOD invites all qualified scientists with faculty appointments or the equivalent, at universities, hospitals and research institutions (not for profit or profit), to submit applications.
- All grantees and contractors regardless of their personal opinions are prohibited from using MOD funds for abortion research, to pay for abortions, or to give directive advice concerning abortions. Fetal tissue research does not violate this policy if applicable federal regulations are adhered to. A non-directive referral for counseling, if requested by a patient in the course of prenatal care, does not violate this policy.
- We do not accept applications dealing with infertility.
- Grant budget items that are not acceptable:
- Construction, alteration, maintenance or rental of buildings or building space.
- Computer equipment, office equipment and furniture.
- Dues for membership in scientific societies.
- Office supplies including mail/postage costs; copying costs; telephone, fax, or modem line costs.
- Publication/Manuscript costs.
- Books and Journals.
- Waste disposal.
- Glassware washing.
- IRB or IACUC fees.
- Computer Facility Access Fee.
- Insurance Fees, including General Automotive and Employee Liability.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the March of Dimes General Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.