Mardag Foundation Grant - Children, Young Adults & Families / Seniors / Arts & Humanities
Mardag FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $7,000 - US $50,000
Next deadline: Jan 7, 2020 1:00pm PST
Later deadlines: Jul 7, 2020 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Ramsey County, Washington County Other eligible locations: Minnesota
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Ramsey County, Washington County Other eligible locations: MinnesotaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Note: This grant page is for three focus areas EXCEPT Community Development in Saint Paul focus area. Find details about the Community Development in Saint Paul focus area here.
Mardag Foundation Grant
Enhancing the quality of life, inspiring learning, revitalizing communities and promoting access to the arts across the state of Minnesota is our family’s legacy - past, present and future. We are a member of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and embrace the grantmaking principles for Minnesota grantmakers.
The Mardag Foundation makes grants to nonprofit organizations and public entities located within and serving residents of Minnesota. The geographic focus of our grantmaking is the East Metro area of Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties, as well as Greater Minnesota.
We have established four priority focus areas and will consider proposals that address one or more of these areas.
Primary Areas of Interest
Children, Young Adults and Families
The Mardag Foundation fund projects and programs that improve the lives of at-risk families, children, youth and young adults, with an emphasis on early childhood development. Ensuring our youngest residents have opportunities to succeed early in life builds a strong foundation for our community.
Mardag Foundation funds projects and programs that support seniors in living independent, healthy lives. Our State is stronger when all residents experience high quality of life.
Read more about the Seniors interest area here.
Arts and Humanities
Mardag Foundation believes building the capacity of arts and humanities organizations to benefit their communities is an essential part of a healthy state.
Read more about the Arts and Humanities interest area here.
What We Fund
Applications are considered for:
- Capital projects, program expansion and special projects of a time-limited nature.
- Start-up costs for promising new programs that demonstrate sound management and clear goals relevant to community needs.
- Support for established agencies that have temporary or transitional needs.
- Funds to match contributions received from other sources or to provide a challenge to raise new contributions.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We only fund organizations that are recognized by the IRS as having 501(c)(3) status, educational or governmental units, or religious institutions.
- The Mardag Foundation makes grants to nonprofit organizations and public entities located within and serving residents of Minnesota.
- The geographic focus of our grantmaking is the East Metro area of Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties, as well as Greater Minnesota.
- If you are representing an arts or cultural organization, Mardag Foundation recommends, but does not require, that you complete a Cultural Data Project data profile for your organization.
- We do not make grants directly to individuals.
- Applications not considered for:
- Programs exclusively serving Minneapolis and the surrounding West Metro area
- Scholarships and grants to individuals
- Ongoing annual operating expenses
- Sectarian religious programs
- Federated campaigns
- Conservation or environmental programs
- Events and conferences
- Programs serving the physically, developmentally or mentally disabled
- Health care programs
- Legal programs
- Capital campaigns of private secondary schools.*
- Capital and endowment campaigns of private colleges and universities.*
- *The Foundation will review, on their own merits, grant applications received from private secondary schools and private colleges and universities for purposes not excluded above.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mardag Foundation Grant - Children, Young Adults & Families / Seniors / Arts & Humanities by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.