Mardag Foundation Grant - Children, Young Adults & Families / Seniors / Arts & Humanities
Mardag FoundationSuggest an update
Next anticipated deadline: Jul 7, 2020 1:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Jan 7, 2021 1:00pm PST
Grant amount: US $7,000 - US $50,000
Fields of work: Senior Services Art & Culture Humanities & Social Science Family Services Early Childhood Development Youth Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Ramsey County, Washington County Other eligible locations: Minnesota
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Ramsey County, Washington County Other eligible locations: MinnesotaView website Save
About this funder:
Mardag Foundation Grant
Enhancing the quality of life, inspiring learning, revitalizing communities and promoting access to the arts across the state of Minnesota is our family’s legacy - past, present and future. We are a member of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and embrace the grantmaking principles for Minnesota grantmakers.
Primary Areas of Interest
- Improving the lives of low-income Children, Youth and Families that lack access to critical opportunities and resources that they need
- Supporting seniors across Minnesota who lack access or have barriers to critical opportunities to thrive and create community connections
- Building capacity to improve community vitality through Arts and Culture
Grant Applications Considered for:
- Multi-year funding in some situations, including:
- Capital projects
- Start-up costs for promising new programs that demonstrate sound management and clear goals relevant to community needs
- Support for established agencies with temporary or transitional needs
- Program expansion and special projects of a time-limited nature
- Funds to match contributions received from other sources or to provide a challenge to raise new contributions
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We only fund organizations that are recognized by the IRS as having 501(c)(3) status, educational or governmental units, or religious institutions.
- The Mardag Foundation makes grants to nonprofit organizations and public entities located within and serving residents of Minnesota.
- The geographic focus of our grantmaking is the East Metro area of Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties, as well as Greater Minnesota.
- If you are representing an arts or cultural organization, Mardag Foundation recommends, but does not require, that you complete a Cultural Data Project data profile for your organization.
- Grant requests not accepted for:
- Programs exclusively serving Minneapolis and the surrounding West Metro area
- Scholarships and grants to individuals
- Ongoing annual operating expenses
- Sectarian religious programs
- Federated campaigns
- Events and conferences
- Capital campaigns of private secondary schools
- Capital and endowment campaigns of private colleges and universities
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”