Margaret C. Woodson Foundation Grant Program
Foundation for the CarolinasSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2020 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in North Carolina: Davie County, Rowan County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Margaret C. Woodson Foundation, Inc. was chartered on January 21, 1955 by Margaret Craig Woodson. The Foundation promotes the well-being and betterment of mankind through assistance and support to charitable, educational and religious organizations that seek to improve the public welfare.
The Margaret C. Woodson Foundation is a private foundation administered by Foundation For The Carolinas.
Following is a list of the types of programs which the Margaret C. Woodson Foundation is interested in supporting. This list is not all-inclusive but gives a general direction of the Foundation's interest:
- Programs that address social problems and nurture positive social relationships
- Efforts aimed at enriching lives through exposure to the cultural arts
- Programs that improve opportunities for youth at risk and families in crisis, including school programs, and programs providing youth activities
- Efforts that address health matters
- Programs and facilities for the handicapped
- Humane Societies
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations include:
- 501(c)3 nonprofits
- Governmental institutions
- Educational institutions
- If the organization conducting the project does not meet these criteria, you can apply for a grant under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- Geographic Focus:
- Grants are limited to programs and projects that will benefit the people of Rowan and Davie Counties.
- Preference in making grants will be made to those programs and projects that encourage constructive change, strive toward excellence, and have a significant component of public service.
- Typical funding restrictions include:
- Capital campaign requests
- Debt retirement/deficit funding
- Direct support of individuals (e.g. scholarships, hardship)
- Duplication of existing programs or services by new organizations
- Endowment funds
- Travel and conferences
- Publication of books
- Projects that are typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Projects that promote political or religious views
- Political or lobbying activities
- Sponsorships or fundraisers
- Please note, applications for programs outside the named counties will not be considered
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Margaret C. Woodson Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.