Margaret M. and Harley H. Wachs Youth Leadership Fund Grant
East Tennessee FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $300 - US $600
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity Hospital / Clinic Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Johnson County, Tennessee
Location of residency: Johnson County, TennesseeView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Margaret M. and Harley H. Wachs Youth Leadership Fund
The Margaret M. and Harley H. Wachs Youth Leadership Fund (Wachs Youth Leadership Fund) was established in 2001 by their son, Peter, and daughter-in-law, Joy Wachs, in memory of Peter’s mother and father. The Fund was created for the benefit of young people in Johnson County to provide travel and leadership opportunities that will enhance their knowledge and expand their abilities to become active, visionary leaders of Johnson County communities.
Areas of Focus
Successful applicants must engage Johnson County middle and/or high school youth in one or more of the following areas:
- Involvement in community service projects
- Participation in leadership roles
- Travel for leadership development opportunities
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations must have and be able to provide documentation to verify the following:
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government , or educational institution
- New or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor
- Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Legal name of organization, address and contact information (phone fax, email address)
- Primary contact person and title
- List of staff administering the project
- Most recent financial statements and/or most recent audit and/or IRS Form 990
- Current year operating budget
- List of current board of directors or equivalent governing body
- Confirmation that the organization operates and is organized so as to not discriminate on the basis of race, color national origin, religion, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, age, disability, covered veteran status, or other characteristics as identified in the Foundation’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.
- Additional eligibility criteria specific to Wachs Youth Leadership Fund:
- Under special circumstances, grants will be made to institutions outside Johnson County for program that are operated within or provide direct benefit to youth of the county
- Applicant organizations must primarily function to serve middle and high school-aged youth or be an organization whose programs have demonstrated the ability to serve this population
- Special consideration will be given to organizations whose programs engage youth through leadership skills development with community organizations, schools groups and other youth-focused establishments
- Salary or administrative support must not exceed 30% of the funding requested
- The following types of requests will NOT be funded:
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements
- Grants to individuals
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Margaret M. and Harley H. Wachs Youth Leadership Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.