Margoes Foundation Grant Program
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $150,000
Deadline: Mar 2, 2019 3:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Napa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, Sonoma County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Margoes Foundation was established in 1984 by the will of John A. Margoes. John Margoes envisioned the Foundation to be a resource and catalyst to support imaginative and creative program opportunities that enabled low-income and other disadvantaged youth to obtain a college education and people with mental disabilities to live in non-institutional environments and lead productive lives.
1) The foundation places a high priority on funding college access and success programs that prepare low-income and other disadvantaged students to qualify for college and graduate with a degree.
- After-school and academically focused summer college access programs that help students improve competencies in secondary school subjects and better qualify them for college admissions. These programs include: tutoring, mentoring, computer literacy, supplemental math and science, and arts and music.
- Institutional college scholarship and financial aid programs, and student support programs for promising low-income and disadvantaged students.
2) The foundation places a high priority on programs that help people with mental illness live in non-institutional environments and lead productive lives.
- Support to community-based programs that empower people with mental illness to live independently and lead productive lives.
- Support to programs that improve delivery of mental health services for young people turning 18 and who are transitioning from residential therapeutic care to independent living.
The foundation is interested in proposals from organizations that integrate its two focus areas, such as:
- Programs that assist mentally ill youth or young adults to attend or complete college.
- Programs that encourage low-income, first generation, and other underserved students to pursue an education in the fields of mental health or social work.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to organizations based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- We encourage organizations located in Bay Area counties affected by the recent fires to apply.
- Applicants must be registered as 501(c)(3) charitable organizations.
- Only one grant will be made to the same organization in a 12-month period.
- Grants are not made to individuals, annual appeals, sectarian religious purposes, to cover deficits, or for conferences and events.
- Funding for endowments, capital campaigns, arts institutions, and other grants are made at the discretion of the board; proposals are not accepted for these purposes.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Margoes Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.