MASTS Pools Engagement in European Research (PEER)
Marine Alliance for Science and Technology for ScotlandSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £5,000
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
Individuals from MASTS funded Institutions are invited to submit a funding application to offset non-recoverable costs involved in engagement with the Framework Programme process, for example through establishing network connections, showcasing skills and capabilities and participating in specific networking activities both for policy influencing and project preparation.
These types of activities are at an earlier stage of engagement with the EU Framework process than development of individual proposals and may not lend themselves to direct SME involvement, however, SME engagement remains a priority for this funding and proposers are encouraged to consider the potential for both involving Scottish SMEs and representing their own interests whenever possible.
While the offer of grant does refer to framework programme specifically, the use of PEER funds to support INTERREG applications would also be within the spirit of the grant.
These funds can be used to pay for some external assistance in helping to prepare EU bids (i.e. there are some organisations that specialise in helping to craft/polish EU bids and increase their chances of being funded).
The sum can be used to assist in the development of MASTS consortia and, in particular, the engagement of consortia with Scottish SMEs. Each PEER application can be for a maximum of £5,000. In some cases, 50% will be paid during the preparatory phase, with the remaining 50% of the funds requested being paid upon confirmation that the application has been successfully submitted.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Individuals from MASTS funded Institutions (find a list here) are invited to submit a funding application to offset non-recoverable costs involved in engagement with the Framework Programme process.
- Eligible costs will include:
- All additional costs incurred as a result of engagement in the EU Framework process including staff time/services employed specifically for that purpose
- Travel and subsistence costs may be included for the staff of partner institutions and should be calculated at the rates normally applied by the institution
- The funding must not be used for travel and subsistence costs for partner organisations or businesses, or general overhead expenses. We reserve the right to claw back funds should the grant not be used in accordance with these T&Cs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MASTS Pools Engagement in European Research (PEER) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.