Marine Biological Association: Student Travel Bursaries
Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom
Grant amount: Up to £100
Next deadline: Jul 15, 2018
Later deadlines: Oct 7, 2018, Feb 18, 2019, Apr 15, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research, Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The MBA research programme is recognized for its excellence and diversity, and reflects a long-standing commitment to the development of marine biology. An overarching rationale for our programme is to understand mechanisms that underlie key marine life processes. This includes research on model marine organisms that informs our broader knowledge of fundamental mechanisms as well as research that is specifically targetted at understanding biogeochemical and ecological processes and their complex interactions with environmental factors, including long-term and rapid environmental change.
- Elucidate the biological mechanisms that underlie the functioning of marine systems and their responses to changing environmental pressures.
- Utilise marine models for further discovery in fundamental biology using interdisciplinary approaches, from molecules and cells, to whole organisms, communities and ecosystems.
- Apply the knowledge gained from these fundamental studies for wider scientific progress and to promote the most sustainable use of our oceans.
The Association awards a number of bursaries each year to support Student Members and Young Marine Biologists of the Association attending marine biology related conferences and meetings.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Student Members and Young Marine Biologists of the association are eligible to apply.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- MBA-run events may receive priority.
- Anyone who has been awarded a grant during the last 12 months cannot receive another one.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Marine Biological Association: Student Travel Bursaries by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.