Whitman Center Research Awards
Marine Biological LaboratorySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Dec 15, 2019 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research, Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Description of Funding Opportunity
The Marine Biological Laboratory, a hub for research and education and an affiliate of the University of Chicago, convenes biologists from around the world each year to advance the mission of biological discovery. Support is available for scientists to come to the Marine Biological Laboratory for 4 to 10 weeks to conduct independent research.
- The program includes the Whitman Center Early Career Awards, specifically designated for individuals less than 10 years from their doctoral degree who wish to focus on these areas of biological discovery.
- Evolutionary, genetic, and genomic approaches in regenerative and developmental biology and neuroscience with an emphasis on novel marine organisms
- Integrated imaging and computational approaches to illuminate cellular function and biology emerging from the study of marine and other organisms
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants must hold appointments at accredited universities, colleges or research institutions anywhere in the world.
- Support is available for scientists to come to the Marine Biological Laboratory for 4 to 10 weeks to conduct research.
- Preference is given to early stage investigators, those new to the MBL, women, and minorities.
- Researchers who have received Whitman Center Awards more than twice previously are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Whitman Center Research Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.