Marine Geology and Geophysics
National Science Foundation (NSF)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Marine Geology and Geophysics Core Program supports research on all aspects of the geology and geophysics of the present ocean basins and margins, as well as those of the Great Lakes. The Program supports science that includes:
- Structure, composition, tectonics, and evolution of the oceanic lithosphere
- Paleoceanography, paleoclimate, and sea level change
- Submarine volcanology, petrology and geochemistry of the oceanic crust and upper mantle
- Marine hydrogeology, seeps and gas hydrates, water-rock interaction, and hydrothermal vent and fluid formation and geochemistry
- Geochemical indicators of life operating below the seafloor
- Marine sedimentology and coastal processes, stratigraphy, sediment transport, and diagenesis
- Mid-ocean ridge spreading, back-arc rifting, transform processes, and ocean island/seamount formation and evolution
- Submarine components of subduction zone systems and passive margins
- Marine geohazards (e.g., earthquakes, faulting, mass wasting, geological aspects of tsunamis)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Marine Geology and Geophysics by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.