Marine Technology Society Student Scholarships
Marine Technology SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $8,000
Deadline: Apr 17, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
The Marine Technology Society was incorporated in June 1963 to give members of academia, government and industry a common forum for the exchange of information and ideas. Our guiding purpose is:
- To promote awareness, understanding, advancement and application of marine technology.
Our mission is to:
- Facilitate a broader understanding of the relevance of marine technology to wider global issues by enhancing the dissemination of marine technology information
- Promote and improve marine technology and related educational programs
- Advance the development of the tools and procedures required to explore, study and further the responsible and sustainable use of the oceans.
Each year MTS offers significant scholarships to college graduate, college undergraduate and senior high school students accepted into full-time marine-related programs with focus in marine technology, marine engineering and/or marine science.The following Scholarships available to MTS student members:
- Charles H. Bussmann Undergraduate Scholarship ($2,500): Open to MTS members who are college undergraduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field.
- Charles H. Bussmann Graduate Scholarship ($2,500): Open to MTS members who are college graduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field.
- The MTS Student Scholarship for Undergraduate Students ($2,000): Open to MTS members that are college undergraduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field.
- The MTS Student Scholarship for Graduate Students ($2,000): Open to MTS members that are college graduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field.
- The MTS Student Scholarship for Two-Year, Technical, Engineering and Community College Students ($2,000): Open to MTS members enrolled in a two-year, technical, engineering or community college in a marine-related field.
- The MTS Student Scholarship for Graduating High School Seniors ($2,000): Open to MTS student members that are high school seniors who have been accepted into a full-time undergraduate program.
- The MTS Vembu Subramanian Memorial Scholarship ($2,000) Open to MTS members focused on studying marine technology, marine engineering and marine science in India.
- John C. Bajus Scholarship ($1,000): Open to MTS members who are college undergraduates and graduate students currently enrolled full-time in a marine-related field who have shown a commitment to community service and/or volunteer activities.
- The Paros-Digiquartz Scholarship ($2,000): Open to MTS members with an interest in marine instrumentation who are undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled full time in an academic institution.
- ROV Scholarship (up to $8,000): Open to MTS student members interested in remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) or underwater work that furthers the use of ROVs.
- Dieter Family Scholarship (up to $1,500): Open to MTS members that are college undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled full time in a marine-related field. Includes full student registration and up to $1,500 for travel-related expenses to a MTS/IEEE Oceans Conference.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be either:
- A full-time college student currently enrolled in a either a 2-year or 4-year academic program OR
- a high school senior accepted to either a 2-year or 4-year academic program.
- We welcome all student members from around the world.
- Colleges may be international or domestic, not just the US.
- Funds awarded are to go toward tuition only for the current school year.
- This is a one-time award, not a continuous award.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Students who previously received one of the awards listed under ‘Overview’ are ineligible to apply the following year for the same award.
- The award cannot be applied towards room, board, book, equipment or anything other than tuition.
- MTS will not cover personal items or alcohol/tobacco products.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Marine Technology Society Student Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.