Marion/Taylor COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund
United Way of Marion and Taylor CountiesSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,000
Fields of work: Emergency Medical Care & Services Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Social Isolation Human & Social Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in West Virginia: Marion County, Taylor County
Location of residency: Counties in West Virginia: Marion County, Taylor CountyView website Save
About this funder:
United Way of Marion and Taylor Counties COVID-19 Response & Recovery fund will provide flexible resources to non-profit organizations in our region working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by Coronavirus and the economic consequences of this outbreak. The Fund is designed to complement the work of public health officials and expand local capacity to address aspects of the outbreak as efficiently as possible.
The fund will be used for a multitude of efforts to help with recovery, including, but not limited to:
- Food distribution to students affected by school closures and other vulnerable populations that are isolated or lack access.
- Availability of shelter beds for people experiencing homelessness who do not have the resources needed to stay safe.
- Operational funding gaps for health and human service agencies.
- Loss of income and access to services for vulnerable populations.
- Supplies and materials for those who are working to address this pandemic.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants are limited to nonprofit, government, and faith-based organizations that are:
- Located in Marion County, WV and/or Taylor County, WV.
- Providing services to residents of Marion County, WV and/or Taylor County, WV.
- Registered as a charitable organization with the appropriate state agency – or exempt.