Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund Grant
The Foundation for Enhancing CommunitiesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Aug 1, 2020 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Cumberland County, Dauphin County, Perry County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Cumberland County, Dauphin County, Perry CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund, a fund of the The Foundation for Enhancing Communities, was established in 1984 in memory of Martin M. Sacks, a well-known accountant and handball devotee. Mr. Sacks was committed to supporting nonprofit organizations that provide programs and services for the disadvantaged and underserved, particularly youth.
The Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund invites established 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations to submit proposals to support youth and family oriented programs and services that are consistent with the mission of your agency. Grants are awarded to eligible nonprofit organizations serving the south central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, and/or Perry Counties. Preference will be given to programs and/or services that are provided to or within Harrisburg and the immediate surrounding areas. The term of the grant is one year. The committee seeks to support innovative activities that directly benefit at-risk children, youth, and their families.
Eligible activities may include (but are not limited to):
- Services for homeless women and their children;
- Therapeutic counseling services;
- Domestic violence and abuse services;
- Support groups for individuals or families;
- Physical, emotional or behavioral health services;
- Sports and recreation programs;
- After-school programs;
- Services for children/youth with special needs.
- Be innovative and not duplicate existing programs and services;
- Empower the disadvantaged and underserved;
- Be collaborative in nature;
- Demonstrate measurable and achievable outcomes.
Size of Grants
It is anticipated that approximately $9,000 will be available to grant in 2019. The average grant award is $1,500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This opportunity is available to nonprofit organizations serving the south central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, and/or Perry Counties.
- Preference will be given to programs and/or services that are provided to or within Harrisburg and the immediate surrounding areas.
- The fund does not make grants to individuals or for-profit organizations.
- In addition, in alignment with TFEC guidelines, this grant opportunity does not fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.