MOS Research Grants
Maryland Ornithological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $3,000
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 1, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Maryland
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Maryland Ornithological Society (MOS) is a nonprofit, statewide organization of people who are interested in birds and nature. It was founded in 1945 and incorporated in 1956 to promote the study and enjoyment of birds. MOS promotes knowledge about our natural resources, and fosters its appreciation and conservation. The Society also maintains a system of sanctuaries to encourage the conservation of birds and bird habitat, and to help record and publish observations of bird life.
The Maryland Ornithological Society (MOS) annually awards a number of research grants to encourage the study of birds in Maryland. MOS research grants encourage ecological and conservation research on birds in Maryland.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are open to all levels of researchers from amateurs to graduate students to professionals.
- Grants support relatively modest requests to defray the expense of
short-life items such as expendable equipment, travel, food, lodging,
communications costs, laboratory costs, etc., and are usually awarded to
- Graduate school projects, projects which involve volunteers, and proposals which are not normally funded through traditional academic, governmental, or professional sources are of most interest.
- Applications for projects which are funded from a variety of sources are strongly encouraged.
- Grants are not intended for major expenses, such as capital equipment (binoculars), student stipends, or administrative overhead.
- Grants may not be used for studies already completed, or to replace funds promised to a researcher.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MOS Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.