MOS Scholarships for Educators
Maryland Ornithological Society
Grant amount: Approximately US $1,095
Deadline: Nov 15, 2018
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Scholarship, Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Maryland
Age restriction: At least 21 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Maryland Ornithological Society (MOS) awards ecology or ornithology scholarships to Maryland teachers and naturalists for summer workshops at National Audubon Society’s camp on Hog Island in Maine. Each award covers the cost of tuition, room and board for an extensive five- or six-day course of study and instruction in ornithology, ecology, conservation, and natural history. Travel arrangements and costs are the recipient’s responsibility.
Up to ten scholarships may be awarded annually. These workshop selections may vary from year to year and are listed on the Scholarship Choices page.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Scholarship recipients must work with young people in Maryland.
- Teachers, camp counselors, park rangers, naturalists, environmental education coordinators at nature centers, community volunteers, and others who intend to make nature education a part of their careers are eligible.
- Applicants need not be members of MOS, but must be endorsed by a chapter or a member of MOS.
- Applications from previous recipients will not be considered unless five years have passed since the individual last attended a workshop.
- The new application must be for a different workshop.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MOS Scholarships for Educators by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.