Mascoma Savings Bank Foundation Grant
Mascoma Savings Bank
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New Hampshire: Cheshire County, Coos County, Grafton County, Merrimack County, Sullivan County, Counties in Vermont: Chittenden County, Orange County, Windsor County Expand all
Location of residency: New Hampshire, Vermont, Counties in New Hampshire: Cheshire County, Coos County, Grafton County, Merrimack County, Sullivan County, Counties in Vermont: Chittenden County, Orange County, Windsor County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Mutual savings banks have their roots in philanthropy. The first mutual savings bank was organized by the Reverend Henry Duncan in Ruthwell, Scotland, more than 200 years ago. Mascoma Savings Bank was organized in 1899 by a group of individuals who “invested” small sums of money to capitalize Mascoma Savings Bank with no expectation of any personal financial return.
Mascoma Savings Bank was the first mutual bank in either New Hampshire or Vermont to organize and fund a charitable foundation. Each year, Mascoma Savings Bank contributes a portion of its earnings to the Foundation for distribution in the community. Since its establishment in 1988, the Mascoma Savings Bank Foundation has contributed over $3.9 million to local nonprofit organizations.
But Mascoma Savings Bank’s commitment to the community extends even further as the Bank continues to directly support local nonprofits every year. When taken together with the Foundation’s contributions, Mascoma Savings Bank was the source of $937,479 in direct support for New Hampshire- and Vermont-based community organizations in 2016.
Mascoma Savings Bank Foundation
In 1988, Mascoma Savings Bank established the Mascoma Savings Bank Foundation and funded it with $1,000,000 for the purpose of giving back an “ongoing dividend” in the form of grants to the communities responsible for Mascoma Savings Bank’s prosperity.
At Mascoma Savings Bank, our commitment to the community goes beyond offering a broad range of financial services, meeting the credit needs of our customers, and employing more than 325 people. The Mascoma Savings Bank Foundation, which has awarded over $3.9 million in grants to local nonprofit groups since its inception in 1988, is another way we show our dedication to the region.
The Foundation seeks to offer grants to 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations which will help fund activities that strengthen these community organizations as they pursue their mission and to help initiate projects that improve life within the Bank’s service area.
The Foundation considers request for up to $10,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The requests must include a copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) certification from the federal government (Tax Reform Act of 1969), except for municipalities and their subdivisions.
- Requests from religious institutions can be considered only for projects or programs that are demonstrated to benefit the community at large.
- The Foundation gives priority to new projects and programs rather than annual operating budget items and salaries.
- Requests from within the Bank’s designated Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) branch/ banking area are given priority.
- The Foundation does not fund major capital campaigns.
- The Foundation will not consider funding for those organizations that have received an allocation in the prior two years.
- Requests for which are the responsibility of municipalities or school districts or other entities generally supported by local taxes are not a priority for funding.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mascoma Savings Bank Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.