MASTS Postdoctoral and Early Career Researcher Exchanges (PECRE)
Marine Alliance for Science and Technology for Scotland
Grant amount: Up to £7,500
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 4 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
A major objective of MASTS is to enhance the Scottish marine research environment through improved co-ordination and collaboration. To achieve this, the MASTS Executive Committee has established three major research themes under which to organise the research of the MASTS community. These themes also strongly reflect the Marine Policy of the Scottish Government.
Each Research Theme is led by an elected Theme Leader and an appointed Steering Group with the collective responsibility of promoting scientific excellence and cooperation within the Theme. Themes will have strategic oversight of Forums and be responsible for high level representation, networking and horizon scanning
MASTS is involved in a number of funding mechanisms. This includes the MASTS funded the Post-doctoral and Early Career Researcher Exchange (PECRE).
The main purpose of this funding is to provide research training and development opportunities for the most able postdoctoral and early career researchers working within the Scottish research pools, whilst at the same time, building experience of international collaboration with academia and/or industry.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Individuals from MASTS funded Institutions are eligible to apply.
- Only postdoctoral and early career researcher can apply for this exchange program.
- Definition of an early career researcher: "a postgraduate (doctoral) student OR a postdoctoral researcher early in their career. 'Early' in the latter case should be read to be consistent with the REF usage: someone who first undertook independent research within the last four years or so"
- Each exchange must be for a minimum of one month.
- The exchange must satisfy the aims and objectives of MASTS.
- Eligible costs are restricted to economy travel and subsistence at the agreed institutional rate.
- The costs of the research are not eligible.
- The funding must not be used for attendance at conferences, training seminars, and the like.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MASTS Postdoctoral and Early Career Researcher Exchanges (PECRE) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.