Mathews Community Foundation
The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 5, 2019 1:30pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Mathews County, Virginia
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Our Grants Process
One of the ways MCF helps to build a healthy and thriving community is through its competitive grants program, offered once a year. This program is funded by the generosity of donors who have created flexible funds to respond to community needs as they change or emerge over time. It is available to eligible 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and agencies providing programs that directly impact Mathews County and improve the quality of life for its residents.
In some cases, MCF may take a more proactive approach to addressing important community issues. The foundation will seek to identify community initiatives that advance solutions to our community’s greatest challenges using innovative strategies and a collaborative spirit. The foundation encourages grant requests that are innovative, collaborative, measurable, and sustainable.
We focus on four areas of community life that are most likely to produce positive and lasting change in the area served by MCF.
We work closely with our grantees to advance these goals:
- Cultural Vibrancy: Our goal is for community members to access and appreciate arts and cultural opportunities.
- Economic Prosperity: Our goal is for our county's resources to be sustainable and our residents to be economically stable and secure.
- Educational Success: Our goal is for young people to achieve in school, engage in their community and be prepared for the workforce.
- Health & Wellness: Our goal is for community members to be safe and healthy.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Proposals are accepted from 501(c)(3) charitable organizations serving Mathews County.
- To be considered, organizations must have a complete and updated portrait on GiveMathews.org.
- Exceptions include churches, public schools and government agencies.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mathews Community Foundation by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.