Mathile Family Foundation Grant
Mathile Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $1,000
Next anticipated deadline: May 1, 2020 (Full proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 1, 2020 (Full proposal), Nov 1, 2020 (Full proposal), Feb 1, 2021 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Ohio: Greene County, Miami County, Montgomery County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Prior to submitting a full grant application, the Mathile Family Foundation recommends that organizations who have never received funding, or past grantees who are requesting funds for a new project, should submit a Grant Interest Form through our website. Grant Interest Forms will be reviewed on a rolling basis and our staff will indicate whether your program is within the mission and funding priorities of the Mathile Family Foundation. If invited, a link to the full application will be provided to you. Submission deadlines for a full application are the "full proposal" deadlines above.
Who We Are
The Mathile Family Foundation is a multi-generational philanthropic foundation established by MaryAnn and Clayton Mathile.
The Foundation serves children and families in need throughout the Miami Valley by providing grants to organizations whose programs align with the Foundation’s mission and focus.
Vision: Sharing God's blessings by perpetuating a multi-generational foundation committed to philanthropic excellence.
- Our philanthropic investments are guided by the passion and direction of the Mathile Family.
- Education is the greatest social and economic equalizer.
- Children in our community thrive when their basic needs are met and their values strengthened.
- Transformational change is possible when we invest in high-performing organizations that align with our mission.
- To apply resources for the highest impact requires diligent practice of professional management principles
The number-one challenge is access to high-quality and affordable educational opportunities. Further, we believe that the greatest social and economic equalizer is education, which is why we invest toward finding solutions for children and families in need.
Commitment to Education
Many of Dayton’s young students are motivated to learn and succeed. However, a growing number lack access to educational opportunities that will help them to fulfill their potential.
At the Mathile Family Foundation, we believe that the greatest social and economic equalizer is education. So, the support of quality educational opportunities for our area’s at-risk children has grown even more important for more than 25 years of service. With this in mind, the Mathile Family Foundation has established a goal to increase the number of low-income post-secondary graduates from our most-vulnerable neighborhoods. Naturally, providing tuition assistance and scholarships to increase college access and success is an integral part of our strategic equation.
Throughout our history, The Foundation’s support of PreK – 12 education has had a focus on Catholic schools in the Dayton area. In addition to high academic expectations, we believe Catholic schools develop the solid moral and community values that prepare students to be lifelong models of strong character and compassion.
Our support of these important institutions touches many different aspects of the school community and includes an evidence based student support program called City Connects which was developed by Boston College; a leadership program for Catholic school administrators focused on professional management; and an elementary-high school alliance which not only strengthens the schools – but addresses many of the challenges students face transitioning into high school.
The Mathile Family Foundation invests in opportunities for educational, social-emotional, and physical development for children and their families. We are committed to the greater Dayton community, and as needs arise, we will rise to meet them.
Mathile Family Foundation Responsive Grantmaking supports nonprofit organizations in providing opportunities for educational, social-emotional, and physical development for children and their families in the Greater Dayton Area.
The Mathile Family Foundation’s Responsive Grantmaking embodies this sentiment by helping nonprofits accomplish a meaningful and lasting change in the lives of those most vulnerable – each and every day. As another core strategy of the Foundation, responsive grantmaking reaches across the Greater Dayton community to invest in.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only organizations that are tax-exempt under the IRS Code Section 501(c)(3) are eligible for grant funding from the Mathile Family Foundation.
- The Foundation supports projects that align with its mission.
- The Mathile Family Foundation will accept one application per year (i.e. four quarters following the date of the last application) from any qualifying organization.
- In addition, all grant requirements, including a final report, must be completed before consideration of further funding.
- Geographic Priority
- We give the highest priority to eligible organizations who serve children in the Greater Dayton area.
- Organizations who fall outside this geographic scope are considered only under special circumstances.
- Grant Awards
- The Foundation considers applications for grant amounts of $1,000 and higher.
- The size of the request should be no more than 10% of the total project’s/program’s budget.
- Requests are not considered for:
- Endowment funds
- Mass funding appeals
- Advertising for fundraising events tickets
- Grants or loans to individuals
- Political campaigns or activities
- Organizations outside the United States
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mathile Family Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.