Max and Helen Guernsey Charitable Foundation Grant
Guernsey Charitable FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $100 - US $30,000
Next deadline: Mar 15, 2020
Later deadlines: Aug 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Capital Project, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Iowa: Benton County, Black Hawk County, Bremer County, Buchanan County, Butler County, Fayette County, Grundy County, Tama County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Iowa: Benton County, Black Hawk County, Bremer County, Buchanan County, Butler County, Fayette County, Grundy County, Tama County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Max & Helen Guernsey are longtime residents of the Waterloo community. Through this organization the Guernsey’s pass on their faith and support in people. It is in this spirit the resources of the Guernsey Foundation are distributed.
“Guernsey Charitable Foundation’s mission is to work in partnership with others to improve the vitality of our community, addressing issues important now and in the future. We focus our support on a broad spectrum of needs including; education that builds character, programs that enhance family life, key social issues, science, programs that aim for community betterment, health and life skills, sports, fitness and activities that recognize the value of people”.
The Max & Helen Guernsey Charitable Foundation is a family foundation incorporated under Iowa law. It assists non-profit, tax exempt organizations and acts as a catalyst for social, cultural, educational and charitable fields.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations that qualify as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The geographical service area is restricted to Butler, Grundy, Tama, Benton, Buchanan, Black Hawk, Bremer, and Fayette Counties, Iowa.
- The Foundation gives higher priority to grants which fund “program” rather than “capital projects”.
- In order to focus our resources, there are a number of organizations and programs that Guernsey Charitable Foundation does not fund. Generally we do not grant to the following:
- Organizations without IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.
- Business ventures
- Organizations that limit membership and services based on race, religion, color, creed age or national origin.
- Conferences, seminars, or trips.
- Advertising for benefit or courtesy purposes.
- Requests for loans or debt retirements.
- Religious or sectarian programs for religious purposes.
- National health organizations and their local affiliates.
- Veteran, labor and political organizations or campaigns.
- Fraternal, athletic and social clubs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Max and Helen Guernsey Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.