Mazamas: Conservation Grants
MazamasSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Deadline: Mar 31, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming Show all
Location of residency: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Mazamas was established July 19, 1894 on the summit of Mt. Hood. We have a proud tradition of leadership, safety, conservation, and climbing education in the Northwest for well over a century. Our mission is simply to promote mountaineering through education, climbing, hiking, fellowship, safety and the protection of mountain environments.
To support this mission, we offer over 350 climbs and 700 hikes annually, and sponsor conservation and research to protect and better understand the alpine environment. Our activities depend almost entirely on the efforts of hundreds of volunteers, who contribute over 38,000 hours of time annually to support Mazama programs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Conservation grants are awarded only to applicants that have established their tax-exempt status under Section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Codes and are not “Private Foundation” as defined under Section 509(a) of the Code.
- Grants will be awarded only for qualified purposes as defined within the guidelines and under Section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grants are only made to qualified organizations in the Pacific Northwest.
- Grant requests should not exceed $2,500.
- The Committee cannot grant requests for the following:
- Annual fund drives
- Overhead funds in excess of 10% of the requested total
- Activities that directly or indirectly attempt to intervene or affect any campaign for public office
- Activities that benefit specific individuals
- Sectarian or religious organizations whose principal activity is for the benefit of their own members or adherents
- Requests to fund litigation - these will ordinarily be denied, but exceptions may be granted in extraordinary or unusual circumstances
- Requests from the same organization will normally be considered only once in each calendar year
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mazamas: Conservation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.