Mazamas: Graduate/Undergraduate Student Research Grant
MazamasSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Deadline: Jan 15, 2021
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Preferred: Oregon, Washington Other eligible locations: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Mazamas are dedicated to the exploration and preservation of mountain environments in the Pacific Northwest. Mazamas activities include gathering and disseminating scientific information concerning the natural features of mountains, forests, rivers, and lakes. Investigations of geologic features, biotic communities, and human endeavors pertaining to the enjoyment and safety of outdoor recreation are all relevant research topics.
The Mazamas Research Committee awards grants annually for scientific studies promoting wilderness ecology, mountain travel, and safety in the outdoors.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Mazama Graduate/ Undergraduate Student Research Grants are intended to help graduate/undergraduate students cover travel, per diem, supplies, and other costs of conducting senior thesis, master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation research.
- Applicants need not be Mazamas members.
- Your proposal will garner particular attention if it addresses issues that are local to the Pacific Northwest (primarily OR and WA), has clear connection to climbing and transfer-value to Pacific Northwest climbing, or is in another way related to Mazamas goals.
- We particularly encourage proposals that examine the changing alpine environment--its causes and consequences.
- Proposals other than those described above generally are discouraged, although you should feel free to contact the Mazamas if you have a different concept that you think might be appropriate for submission.
- The Mazamas does occasionally fund special research projects that fall outside of our standard guidelines
- Proposals cannot be submitted simultaneously under the Standard Research Grant and Graduate/Undergraduate Student Research Grant programs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mazamas: Graduate/Undergraduate Student Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.