McCarthy Family Foundation Grants: Child Abuse & K-12 Science Education
McCarthy Family Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Next deadline: Jul 15, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Aug 15, 2018 (Full proposal), Jan 15, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Feb 15, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: San Diego County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
McCarthy Family Foundation
The foundation’s current program interest areas have been funded throughout its over two decades history. These funding areas are: K-12 science education; HIV/AIDS research, education and direct services; assistance to homeless persons; and child abuse prevention and services for victims and families. The board will occasionally fund a special project outside these categorical areas and/or for regional, national or international charitable purposes.
A small portion of the grantmaking budget is provided for director matching grants to encourage and amplify personal philanthropy by the foundation’s board of directors.
In 26 years of grantmaking (1989 through 2014), grants have totaled over $8 million.
Grants have ranged from $500 to $250,000. Most are in the range from $5,000 to $15,000 and recent average (median) is $10,000. Most grants are for a one-year period although a few multi-year awards have been made.
Funding Areas: Child Abuse Prevention & K-12 Science Education
- Child abuse prevention — Support for child abuse prevention programs and to provide necessary services for victims of child abuse and their families.
- K-12 science education — to foster increased study of science and to promote further scientific study and careers by qualified students.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Proposals will be considered in the above general areas or for special project areas established by the Board.
- Proposals will only be accepted for programs within San Diego County.
- The foundation does not consider grants for individuals, scholarship funds or sectarian religious activities.
- Normally the foundation will not consider requests for general fundraising drives.
- It will not make grants intended directly or indirectly to support political candidates or to influence legislation.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the McCarthy Family Foundation Grants: Child Abuse & K-12 Science Education by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.