McCook Community Foundation Fund: Community Grants
Nebraska Community Foundation
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2024 3:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Oct 1, 2024 3:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Economic Services & Development Education Civic Leadership Development Art & Culture Wellness & Healthy Living Health Care Access & Delivery
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Red Willow County, Nebraska
Location of residency: United States
McCook Community Foundation Fund
The McCook Community Foundation Fund is looking forward while giving back to the community. Since its formation in 2001, the Fund has granted more than $300,000 to community organizations. The grants have benefited McCook and the surrounding area in many ways, from youth programs to services for the elderly, from education and cultural activities to large and small community projects.
From the beginning, our grants have continued to reflect our focus on people. We funded the McCook HomeTown Competitiveness Youth Task Force to help young people in our schools finance community service projects they choose, coordinate and complete with guidance from local charitable organizations. In addition, grants helped promote exercise programs for older adults at the YMCA and art projects for older citizens through the McCook Art Guild. We also funded renovation of the McCook Public Library children’s reading section.
MCFF has helped young people get scholarships, complete nursing degrees, participate in the Southwest Nebraska Leadership Institute and mentored Youth Change Reaction, a high school philanthropy group.
We support projects that promote healthy families in our community – Prairie Plains CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates), McCook’s Community Chest, the Toy Box, Share the Heat, and Habitat for Humanity.
We encourage arts and cultural programs through support of the High Plains Museum, Fox Theater, the McCook Public Library and special events such as the Prairie Roots Festival.
Making McCook an even better place to call home
MCFF is connecting and impacting our community through intentional investment of time and financial resources.
- Stewardship - MCFF will wisely use all of its resources, believing in honesty, integrity, confidentiality.
- Respectful - MCFF values people and will work to be inclusive and accepting, making sure both growing up and growing old are priorities.
- Grit - MCFF will support those who are resilient, passionate, resourceful, and courageous.
- Collaboration - MCFF will connect organizations, individuals and programs to benefit the community, weaving partnerships and relationships along the way.
- Leadership - MCFF invests resources in people who take the initiative to help others, who are optimistic and innovative.
- Posterity - MCFF will strive to provide for generations to come and to secure the future of McCook and Southwest Nebraska.
The McCook Community Foundation Fund invests in innovation, economic and educational opportunities, quality community leadership, cultural arts and healthy families and lifestyles. Organizations that work in these areas are encouraged to apply for a Community Grant. McCook Community Foundation Fund will place priority on projects that will have a broad impact on the quality of life for a significant number of people, propose creative ways to address community needs, engage young people in the community, or support innovative approaches to economic development.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Entities:
- 501(c)(3) Organization
- Governmental Entity
- Atkinson Community Foundation Fund
- Brown County Community Fund
- Butler County Area Foundation Fund
- Columbus Area Future Fund
- Hebron Community Foundation Fund
- Imperial Community Foundation Fund
- Nemaha County Development Foundation Fund
- Norfolk Area Community Foundation Fund Grant
- Plattsmouth Community Foundation Fund
- The O'Neill Community Foundation Fund Grant
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”