MCED Award for Innovative Contributions to Ecological Modelling
Modelling Complex Ecological Dynamics
Grant amount: €250 - €500
Anticipated deadline: Sep 3, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 3 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The MCED award for ecological modeling was announced in 2011 for the first time. Once a year young modellers can apply, who finished their bachelor, masters, or PhD degree within the last 3 years. The intention of the award is to foster the development and application of modern ecological modelling methods that can help to expand the understanding of complex ecological dynamics. With this focus, the MCED award follows the eponymous textbook for ecological modelling which has been published by Springer Publishing House in 2011.
The MCED editors together with Springer Publishing House encourage young ecologists who:
- analyze ecological phenomena using ecological modelling approaches in an innovative way,
- apply new modelling methods and techniques and thereby contribute to applied or theoretical ecology,
- use modelling frameworks to bridge the gap between basic science and application,
- enhance the understanding of complex ecological processes and dynamics, to apply for the award.
For PhD and Postdcocs: the winner receives EUR; the runner up will receive an MCED textbook.
For Bachelors and Masters: the winner receives 250 EUR; the runner up will receive an MCED textbook.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have finished their bachelor, masters, or PhD degree within the last 3 years.
- A crucial condition is that applicant's work must be published.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MCED Award for Innovative Contributions to Ecological Modelling by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.