McNeely Foundation: Youth Development Through Enrichment
McNeely FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Dec 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Ramsey County, Minnesota
Location of residency: Ramsey County, MinnesotaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Foundation has historically leveraged human and financial resources to foster a thriving East Side St. Paul, Minnesota where the McNeely business developed. The McNeely Foundation was set up in the 1960s by Harry G. McNeely Sr, and his wife Adelaide Frenzel McNeely. It was originally funded with a gift of stock from their business, The St. Paul Terminal Warehouse Company.
The McNeely Foundation funds organizations that create a more vibrant and sustainable East Side of St Paul. It will consider applications from organizations outside of the targeted geography and age group for innovative work that could be integrated or replicated on the East Side. Our four grantmaking focus areas are Youth Development Through Enrichment, Youth Development Through Employment Training, Environment, and Family & Neighborhood Stability.
Youth Development Through Enrichment
- Middle-grade youth living on the East Side will develop their abilities so they can recognize and achieve their greatest potential and make the successful transition to adulthood.
- Expand access to community-based enrichment and life skills programming during or outside of the regular school hours with preference for middle grade youth and consideration for high school aged youth.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who may apply:
- Organizations with an IRS classification as a tax-exempt, non-profit organization that is not a private foundation
- Public agencies or schools that have been invited to apply
- Program and project support is most typically funded however, general operating grants may be made as well as capital grants in very limited situations.
- Almost all of McNeely Foundation grants are awarded to benefit populations and neighborhoods on the East Side of Saint Paul, namely Payne-Phalen, Dayton’s Bluff, and Greater East Side, and includes the Battle Creek neighborhood in certain circumstances.
- Applicants increase chance of success by considering these examples:
- Deliberate program structure, design & delivery
- Intensity of contact during programming and over time
- Intentional focus on range of youth employment skill building, exploration of careers and searching for a job
- Foster youth's physical and emotional well being
- Build connections & relationships between youth and adults
- Program provides voice and choice
- Youth actively involved in decision making
- Youth leadership opportunities evident
- Support for reflection
- Programs and projects not supported are, for example, in-school residence programs, one day events, or trips for youth.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the McNeely Foundation: Youth Development Through Enrichment by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.