MD Animal Waste Technology Grants
Maryland Department of AgricultureSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Dec 1, 2019 1:00pm PST
Applicant type: For-Profit Business Government Entity Nonprofit Individuals
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Maryland
Location of residency: MarylandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Maryland Department of Agriculture's Animal Waste Technology Fund provides incentives to companies that demonstrate new technologies on farms and provide alternative strategies for managing animal manure. These technologies generate energy from animal manure, reduce on-farm waste streams, and repurpose manure by creating marketable fertilizer and other products and by-products
The Animal Waste Technology Fund helps farmers address challenges in managing manure under Maryland's new nutrient management requirements. Alternative strategies for complying with these requirements may include altering the nutrient content of organic nutrient sources, using manure for energy generation, or developing new products that add value to improve farm viability.
The department also seeks funding to provide grants from other sources for technologies that improve manure management and address excess phosphorus.
Up to $3 million will be granted. Approximately $1 million of this amount will be directed at renewable energy or related components of project (s). There is no maximum or minimum request.
The Grantee is expected to perform all necessary work under the Grant Agreement within two years. Grantee is expected to:
- Implement/install the proposed animal waste technology project within one year (Year One).
- Operate the project and monitor its performance for at least a one-year period (Year Two).
- At the sole discretion of the Department, this two-year performance period may be extended for one additional year to address unforeseen delays that the Grantee has incurred in implementing the project. If the Department grants this extension, it will not be responsible for any additional costs that the Grantee incurs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is Eligible:
- Individuals, businesses and non-profits in good standing to do business in Maryland and State and local government entities.
- The proposed technology must have been previously implemented and be either commercially available or proven to function as described in the proposal.
- The technology must reduce the movement of nitrogen and/or phosphorus that is associated with animal manure produced on Maryland farms to the surface waters of the State.
- Proposed projects must be located in Maryland.
- Proposals must include verification that a site has been secured for implementation of the technology.
- The applicant, including identified subcontractors, experts or partners, shall have at least three years experience with the proposed animal manure technology.
- See detailed qualifications here.
- Technologies in the research and development stage are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MD Animal Waste Technology Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.