MDU Resources Foundation Grant
MDU Resources FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $500
Anticipated deadline: Oct 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Idaho: Ada County, Bannock County, Bear Lake County, Bingham County, Blaine County, Bonneville County, Canyon County, Caribou County, Cassia County, Elmore County, Fremont County, Gem County, Gooding County, Jefferson County, Jerome County, Madison County, Minidoka County, Owyhee County, Payette County, Power County, Shoshone County, Twin Falls County, Washington County, Counties in Minnesota: Chippewa County, Lac qui Parle County, Lyon County, Otter Tail County, Polk County, Redwood County, Renville County, Wilkin County, Yellow Medicine County, Counties in Montana: Big Horn County, Blaine County, Carbon County, Carter County, Custer County, Daniels County, Dawson County, Fallon County, Garfield County, Golden Valley County, McCone County, Musselshell County, Phillips County, Powder River County, Prairie County, Richland County, Roosevelt County, Rosebud County, Sheridan County, Stillwater County, Treasure County, Valley County, Wibaux County, Counties in North Dakota: Adams County, Benson County, Billings County, Bottineau County, Bowman County, Burke County, Burleigh County, Cavalier County, Dickey County, Divide County, Dunn County, Eddy County, Emmons County, Foster County, Golden Valley County, Grant County, Hettinger County, Kidder County, LaMoure County, Logan County, McHenry County, McIntosh County, McKenzie County, McLean County, Mercer County, Morton County, Mountrail County, Oliver County, Pembina County, Pierce County, Ramsey County, Renville County, Richland County, Sheridan County, Sioux County, Slope County, Stark County, Stutsman County, Walsh County, Ward County, Wells County, Williams County, Counties in Oregon: Baker County, Crook County, Deschutes County, Gilliam County, Jefferson County, Klamath County, Malheur County, Morrow County, Umatilla County, Counties in South Dakota: Brown County, Butte County, Campbell County, Corson County, Dewey County, Edmunds County, Faulk County, Hand County, Harding County, Hughes County, Hyde County, Lawrence County, McPherson County, Meade County, Pennington County, Perkins County, Potter County, Sully County, Walworth County, Counties in Washington: Adams County, Benton County, Chelan County, Clallam County, Clark County, Cowlitz County, Franklin County, Grays Harbor County, Jefferson County, Kittitas County, Klickitat County, Mason County, Skagit County, Walla Walla County, Whatcom County, Yakima County, Counties in Wyoming: Big Horn County, Campbell County, Crook County, Fremont County, Hot Springs County, Natrona County, Park County, Washakie County, Weston County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
MDU Resources is committed to supporting the communities where we operate. We believe our success is directly related to a healthy social and economic environment. Through the MDU Resources Foundation, we can share our success and help our neighbors make our communities better places to live and work.
Areas of Corporate Philanthropy
The MDU Resources Foundation considers grant requests in the following categories:
Health and Human Services – Recognizing the critical role of quality and accessible health care and human services, the MDU Resources Foundation supports national and local health and human services agencies, hospitals, youth agencies and senior citizen organizations.
Education – Given the importance of education in building strong individuals, families and communities, the MDU Resources Foundation supports private secondary and higher education institutions, education development foundations, economic education programs and scholarships.
Civic and Community Activities – Strengthening communities ... improving lives. These are the goals of the MDU Resources Foundation as it funds programs that create opportunities and meet the needs of communities across the country.
Culture and Arts – The MDU Resources Foundation has had a longstanding interest in culture and the arts and seeks to promote positive youth development through culture and the arts by funding art funds and councils, museums, theaters, libraries and cultural centers.
Environment – The MDU Resources Foundation funds organizations that promote the wise use of resources without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. We strive to be good stewards in the communities we serve.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The MDU Resources Foundation will contribute only to institutions, organizations and programs recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as qualified recipients of Foundation contributions.
- Generally, contributions are restricted to organizations qualified as tax exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Primary consideration is given to charitable institutions, organizations and programs within the geographic areas where member companies conduct business.
- Generally, requests for contributions of $500 and above will be considered by the Foundation, while requests for contributions of a local nature and less than $500 should be considered by the individual companies.
- Generally, no consideration will be given to private individuals, athletic, labor, fraternal, political, lobbying, or to regional or national organizations without local affiliation.
- Requests seeking endowment funds will receive low priority, and, as a rule, the Foundation will not consider concurrent contributions to a single grant recipient.
- Economic development requests are not focal points of the Foundation.
- Requests for loans, venture capital, participation in loan pools, etc. will not be considered by the Foundation and should be directed to the appropriate operating company.
- All other requests that do not fit within the guidelines of the Foundation shall be the responsibility of MDU Resources Group’s member companies.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MDU Resources Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.