Meacham Foundation Memorial Grant
Grant amount: Up to US $4,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
After a disaster, we can give you the funds you need to improve the care of animals in your shelter with a Meacham Foundation Memorial Grant.
The Meacham Foundation Memorial Grant was established in 1969, in memory of Ms. Tressa Meacham, to provide financial assistance to agencies for shelter expansion or improvements.
The Meacham Foundation Memorial Grant can help with projects such as:
- Animal environment enrichment
- Equipment for veterinary care
- Equipment for spay/neuter
- Kennel or cattery renovation
- Capital campaigns
- Equipment that positively impacts the welfare of animals in the shelter
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Shelter and rescue groups affected by disaster are eligible to apply.
- Must have a 501(c)(3) determination letter.
- Agencies receiving grants for construction or capital improvement must either:
- own the property on which such improvements will be made; or
- hold a long-term lease, with a minimum of five years remaining, on the property and/or facility.
- Grant money must be used to increase and/or improve the quality of care given to animals.
- Meacham Grants are awarded only for
construction, capital improvements or equipment
that directly impacts the welfare of the animals
in the shelter.
- Individuals, businesses and corporations are not provided for in the guidelines of the fund.
- Meacham Grants may not be used for supplementing an agency’s operating budget, reducing deficits, purchasing vehicles, fundraising efforts (e.g., gift shops, thrift stores) or routine maintenance.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Meacham Foundation Memorial Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.