Mechanicsburg Area Foundation Grant
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities
Grant amount: Up to US $12,000
Deadline: Aug 1, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Mechanicsburg Area Foundation
The Mechanicsburg Area Foundation (MAF), a regional foundation of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities (TFEC), conducts an annual competitive grantmaking program for nonprofit organizations serving the Mechanicsburg zip codes of 17050 and 17055.
MAF seeks to fund programs and services that have the potential for the greatest impact on the quality of life and positive outcomes for individuals and families living in the Mechanicsburg area. Through its grantmaking, MAF invests in innovative, collaborative approaches and solutions to community problems and supports projects that demonstrate achievable outcomes, the potential for replication as a model program, and plans for sustainability beyond the grant term.
MAF requires that applicant organizations be aligned with one or more of the following funding priorities:
- Arts & Culture
- Community Development
- Health & Human Services
MAF is additionally pleased to welcome grant applications that address:
- Civic interests in Mechanicsburg
- Hospice Services
- Degenerative Disease Services
Size of Grants
The maximum grant is $12,000. In 2016 grant awards ranged from $1,300 -$7,900. Grants are awarded for one year. MAF will not fund 100% of any project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant Eligibility
- Eligible projects must serve the Mechanicsburg zip codes of 17050 and 17055.
- Applicants must either be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, or have a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization act as a fiscal sponsor for the proposed project.
- Grant seekers may apply for any funding project that best fits their needs and the MAF guidelines; MAF no longer uses separate applications for program or capacity projects.
- Please Note: MAF will present grant checks at its annual grant presentation program to take place in Fall 2017 and a representative from each grantee must attend. The date and time of the MAF Annual Grant Presentation Program is to be announced.
- MAF will evaluate grant applications using the following prioritized criteria:
- Connection to the Funding Priorities of MAF.
- Service to the Mechanicsburg area and correlating zip codes is clearly specified, defined, and estimated.
- Narrative provides a clear picture of all proposed actions and activities.
- Project/program dates and locations are clearly addressed and anticipated.
- Project may have some similarities to comparable organizations and/or projects, but remains unique in its design or service.
- Project demonstrates how it will be inclusive/accessible to all applicable audiences.
- Roles and responsibilities are defined and work to strengthen/enhance the project.
- Project has an achievable funding plan and is not 100% dependent upon grant award.
- Budget Worksheet clearly defines where awarded funds will be applied.
- What We Do Not Fund
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mechanicsburg Area Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.