Merlin Trust Grants for Young Horticulturalists: Study Travel Grant
The Merlin TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,500
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 5, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: May 11, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Ireland, United Kingdom
Location of citizenship: Ireland, United Kingdom
Age restriction: Between 18 and 35 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Merlin Trust was founded by Valerie Finnis in 1990 in memory of Merlin Scott to encourage young horticulturists and will consider any projects, long or short-term.
The Merlin Trust offers Travel Grants to Young Horticulturists to enable them to learn more about plants and expand their horizons. This can include travel abroad or within the UK, and can either be to see plants in the wild or collections held in gardens.
We are more likely to support applicants who have sought funding from more than one source, and who intend to make a personal contribution to the project also.
What can the grant be used for?
- Transport (Flights/Buses/Car hire etc) ;
- Travel Visas;
- Travel Insurance;
- Hiring a local guide .
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who can apply?
- Horticulturists- Both student horticulturists and employed horticulturists can apply.
- British or Irish citizens only.
- Unless you are currently studying on a full-time professional horticultural course.
- Aged between 18 and 34 (You can apply up to the date of your 35th birthday and must travel within one year of applying).
- Or, if you are over 35, but within the first 5 years of your horticultural career (including time spent training/studying) you may also apply.
- Have you been awarded a Merlin Trust grant before? We will award a maximum of two grants per individual.
- We do not fund conferences, study fees, or purely conservation based projects.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Merlin Trust Grants for Young Horticulturalists: Study Travel Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.