MF Standard or Mini Grant
The Miccio FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,500 - US $10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: May 1, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Iowa
Location of residency: IowaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Miccio Foundation was founded in 2000 by Ursula Delworth, a professor of counseling psychology at The University of Iowa. Dr. Delworth died in May of 2000 before fully realizing her dream of a foundation for the benefit of Iowa's animals. Although her position as professor at the University was demanding, she spent many years actively working for animal welfare in Johnson County, Iowa. She served as President of the Johnson County Humane Society and helped establish its foster care program as well as the Unash spay/neuter program. She also served as a member of the Animal Control Advisory Board for Iowa City/Coralville and volunteered in many different capacities at the Iowa City/Coralville Animal Shelter.
The Miccio Foundation's focus is to support organizations involved in animal welfare (501c3 status is required). Projects eligible for funding are those that will have an immediate, direct and measurable impact on improving animal welfare in a target community. Grants can be for projects such as spay/neuter programs, facility renovation, medical care, humane education, caging, and adoption support.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation awards Standard grants to organizations licensed by the State of Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS) as Pounds or Shelters.
- Those eligible for Miccio Foundation grants in support of Iowa's animals will be organizations that have demonstrated commitment to animal welfare.
- Examples include, but are not limited to, private and governmental animal shelters, humane societies, rescue groups, volunteer foster organizations, and local animal control agencies.
- Organizations with 501c3 status are eligible for the Miccio Foundation Mini grant
- An IDALS pound or shelter license is not required.
- Grant funds are for Iowa animals only.
- Projects of greatest interest are those that include:
- Renovating facilities to ensure the health and well being of animals prior to adoption and/or improving the efficiency of overall daily operations.
- Developing and sustaining alliances that may include sharing resources to accomplish specific activities, particularly spay/neuter, emergency transportation, and professional services.
- Supporting areas of the state where resources for animals are limited or unavailable.
- We will not support activities inconsistent with federal, state or local laws/ordinances.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MF Standard or Mini Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.