Michael J. Connell Foundation Grant
The Michael J. Connell Foundation
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $100,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: Counties in California: Imperial County, Kern County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County, San Luis Obispo County, Santa Barbara County, Ventura County, Counties in Montana: Beaverhead County, Broadwater County, Granite County, Jefferson County, Lewis and Clark County, Madison County, Powell County, Ravalli County, Silver Bow County, Counties in Texas: Bastrop County, Caldwell County, Hays County, Travis County, Williamson County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Classical Music -- its ability to enhance the area cultural experience
- The Environment -- the maintenance, accessibility and preservation of our public resources
- Education - technology implementation, programs with impact in under served areas and upon minority constituencies and the implementation of modern technologies
- Medicine - allocating limited resources and addressing the needs of underserved constituencies in the Los Angeles Area
View the list of recent grants for each of these program focus.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made only to qualified non-profit organizations.
- Most of our cultural funding has been to classical music programs, graphic arts programs and public television.
- In each case, we have looked for programs that will address the needs of children and youth or will bring new audiences to the medium.
- Our current focus, is on programs that provide environmentally sound public access to state, federal and local environmental resources or that enhance the public enjoyment of those resources without inflicting significant environmental damage.
- Our educational efforts have focused on bringing new technologies to the classroom or campus and on specific programs to address local needs, particularly those of minority or disadvantaged communities.
- Often, our educational programs overlap with our cultural programs.
- We fund specific programs as opposed to general expenses.
- We currently only fund proposals from Southern California, South Western Montana and Austin, Texas applicants.
- We prefer programs that will either address broad community needs or the problems of children and youth.
- We generally give priority to requests for program expenditures.
- We have no plans to make grants outside the specified geographic areas.
- We are not focused on any particular medical problem.
- What We Do Not Fund:
- Fundraising events, dinners and mass mailings
- Direct aid to individuals
- Conferences, seminars, workshops or similar events
- Organizations that limit services to persons of a single religious sect or denomination
- Support for candidates for political office or to influence legislation
- Requests for regular, ongoing, operating support
- Organizations that address social or political problems outside the United States of America
- Aid to fraternal organizations, such as country clubs
- For profit business organizations
- Loans or program related investments
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Michael J. Connell Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.