Michigan Habitat Improvement Fund Grants
Michigan Department of Natural ResourcesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Nov 10, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Individuals College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Counties in Michigan: Alcona County, Antrim County, Benzie County, Clare County, Crawford County, Grand Traverse County, Iosco County, Kalkaska County, Lake County, Manistee County, Mason County, Mecosta County, Missaukee County, Montcalm County, Montmorency County, Muskegon County, Newaygo County, Ogemaw County, Osceola County, Oscoda County, Otsego County, Roscommon County, Wexford County Expand all
Location of residency: MichiganView website Save Need help writing this grant?
To provide funds for projects on the Manistee, Muskegon and AuSable rivers to improve and enhance fisheries and aquatic resources affected by the operation of Consumers Energy Company's hydropower projects. These projects include fisheries habitat restoration and enhancement, preparing comprehensive river management plans, aquatic studies, fisheries recreation, water quality improvement and soil erosion control activities on these three rivers.
- The proposed project must be needed in the area.
- Degree to which the project meets one of the needs, areas of concern, or management direction indicated by the river assessments, river management plans, or Fisheries Division priorities and supported by the project coordinator.
- Length of time the project will provide benefits.
- Impact on future research projects such as enhancement to increase natural recruitment thereby reducing future costs of stocking.
- Reduction of future expenditures or direct expenditures in a positive manner.
- Size of area that will benefit from the proposed project.
- Proposed project benefits compared to the costs.
- Applicant has made preliminary arrangements with appropriate contractors for completion of the proposed project.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All units of government, nonprofit organizations, and individuals willing to develop and complete projects located in the watersheds for the three river systems where the Consumers Energy Company hydropower projects are located.
- Proposed projects having match funds available will be given preference.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Michigan Habitat Improvement Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.