Mid-Hudson Valley Project Support Grants: Basic Human Needs
Dyson FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Columbia County, Dutchess County, Greene County, Orange County, Putnam County, Ulster County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Columbia County, Dutchess County, Greene County, Orange County, Putnam County, Ulster County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Mid-Hudson Valley Program
Grant support to nonprofit organizations in the Mid-Hudson Valley that impact the lives of the region's residents, most importantly those who are economically disadvantaged.
Project Support Grants
Project support grants are available to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the Mid-Hudson Valley (Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, and Ulster counties).
Funding is primarily available for single and multi-year projects in the following areas:
- basic human needs such as food, housing, health care and other human services
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- As a private foundation, we can only fund tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- Project support grants are available to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the Mid-Hudson Valley (Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, and Ulster counties)
- We have very specific criteria regarding:
- The Foundation does not direct payments through fiscal agents in lieu of organizations having 501(c)3 designation, nor does the Foundation make grants to individuals or other private foundations.
- We generally do not make grants to government units (such as fire districts or municipalities).
- The Dyson Foundation does not fund the following:
- the arts
- historic preservation
- the environment
- capital campaigns
- We do not make grants for:
- Galas, fundraising events, tickets, or sponsorships (read our Statement Regarding Special Events Funding)
- Direct mail campaigns
- International projects
- General endowments
- Debt or deficit reduction
- The Dyson Foundation's policy on non-discrimination prevents us from awarding grant support to organizations that, in their constitution, bylaws, or practices, discriminate against a person or group because of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious belief.
- Grantees, however, may target services to a particular population when the targeted groups require specialized programs to meet specific needs not shared by the general population.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mid-Hudson Valley Project Support Grants: Basic Human Needs by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.