MACF: Community Investment Grants
Midland Area Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $40,000
Next anticipated deadline: Oct 15, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Jan 15, 2019, Apr 15, 2019, Jul 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Midland County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: The Midland Area Community Foundation provides grants in amounts up to $40,000 in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd grant cycles (January, April, July deadlines) and $50,000 to $100,000 in the 4th grant cycle (October deadline).
The Midland Area Community Foundation provides philanthropic leadership to strengthen our community by fostering collaboration and giving today and in the future.
- Building Our Livelihood
- Developing Our Talent
- Caring For Our People
- Enjoying Our Community
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- MACF serves Midland County, so only projects that have a direct relevance to the people of this geographic area will be considered.
- We are also only able to provide grants to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, educational nonprofits, and governmental units.
- In addition to funding the program or project itself, grant monies may also be used to pay for wages and administrative expenses relevant to the program or project.
- Grants targeting young people are usually handled through the Midland County Youth Action Council (MCYAC) in amounts up to $10,000.
- Operating expenses for the organization as a whole will not be considered.
- What doesn't the MACF support?
- Basic operating budgets s (i.e. operating expenses for the organization as a whole)
- Basic governmental services
- Basic educational functions
- Annual fundraising and events
- Normal office equipment
- Endowment campaigns
- Previously incurred debt or contracted commitments
- Sectarian religious programs (the exception is if the program or project is community based)
- Political or lobbying activities
- Previously denied MACF grant requests
- Additionally, please note that in compliance with Executive Order 13224 and U.S.A. Patriot Act, grants may not be used to support named terrorist organizations or those who may otherwise be associated with terrorists.
- The Midland Area Community Foundation acknowledges that “support” does not include nonviolent activities intended to protect or promote constitutional rights.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MACF: Community Investment Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.