Program, Operating and Capital Campaign Grants
Mike & Gillian Goodrich Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $30,000
Next anticipated deadline: Aug 1, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Nov 1, 2018, Feb 1, 2019, May 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Alabama: Bibb County, Blount County, Chilton County, Greene County, Hale County, Jefferson County, Shelby County, St. Clair County, Walker County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Capital Campaign grants will be considered in the first and third quarters of each year (deadline February 1 and August 1).
Since 2009, the Mike & Gillian Goodrich Foundation has been providing grants to nonprofit organizations in our community, the Black Belt, and the state as a whole to support a variety of programs. From education to the environment, from the cultural arts to neighborhood revitalization, the Foundation has distributed over $26,000,000 in grants to 221 organizations whose work we are proud to support.
- programs that impact the Birmingham metro area;
- programs that impact the Woodlawn area of Birmingham;
- programs that impact the Black Belt area in Alabama;
- programs that impact the State of Alabama as a whole, specifically those that influence policy change at the state level.
- We believe that every child should have the educational resources to become a successful adult.
- Neighborhood Revitalization
- We believe in the Purpose Built Communities’ holistic model for rebuilding strong neighborhoods. A strong cradle – to – adult educational pipeline, affordable mixed-income housing, wrap-around social services and local economic revitalization are necessary components for creating livable communities and helping to break the cycle of poverty.
- The Environment
- We believe that the protection of our natural resources and green spaces are vital to the environment and to the health of our communities.
- The Arts and Culture
- We believe that the cultural arts enrich lives and are an integral part of a dynamic and vibrant community.
- Positioning Strategic Community Assets
- We believe that the success of our community depends on the strength of its intrinsic partners – those institutions that represent the best of Birmingham. We are committed to their success.
Grant applications must be geared toward achieving specific results in these focus areas.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant applications must be geared toward achieving specific results in the above focus areas.
- Grants to faith-based organizations may be made to support programs that strongly address the focus areas.
- Grants are not made:
- to individuals;
- for scholarships or individual awards;
- to individual school classrooms;
- to private schools;
- for mission trips or ambassador programs;
- for individual school programs;
- for health-related research;
- to support fundraising events that are not 100% deductible for charitable purposes.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Program, Operating and Capital Campaign Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.