Agricultural Research and Education Council Grant
Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA)
Predicted deadline: Nov 23, 2024 9:59pm PST
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000,000
Fields of work: Agricultural Crops
Applicant type: Organizations, Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Minnesota
Location of residency: Minnesota
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) has served our state for more than 125 years. The work we do touches every Minnesota citizen every day.
Our mission is to enhance all Minnesotans’ quality of life by equitably ensuring the integrity of our food supply, the health of our environment, and the strength and resilience of our agricultural economy.
Our three general areas of responsibility include:
- Protecting our food supply;
- Protecting our natural resources; and,
- Cultivating our agricultural economy.
Minnesota Agricultural Fertilizer Research and Education Program
The MDA is requesting proposals for directing fertilizer research and outreach programs. The Minnesota Legislature established the Minnesota Agricultural Fertilizer Research and Education Program for directing fertilizer research and outreach program. The enabling legislation establishing the governing Agricultural Fertilizer Research and Education Council (AFREC) is Minnesota Statute 18C.70 and 18C.71. The Minnesota Legislature also established the funding mechanism for the program. This year, up to $1,000,000 generated by fertilizer sales and is available for this Request for Proposals (RFP). Any organization, research entity, individual, or business with agricultural research capability is eligible to apply and receive funding. This includes farmers/farmer networks, institutions of higher education, research institutions, nonprofit organizations, urban agriculture, agricultural cooperatives, and agricultural businesses with research capabilities.
Eligible project activities include research that addresses one or more of the activities as defined by the Minnesota Agricultural Fertilizer Research and Education Program Minnesota Statute 18C.71. These activities include research, education, technology transfer related to the production and application of commercial fertilizer, soil amendments, and other plant amendments. AFREC’s goal is to have projects selected and contracts executed prior to the cropping season.
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's
- AGRI Agriculture Value-Added Feasibility Study Grant (VAFSG)
- AGRI Beginning Farmer FBM Scholarships
- AGRI Crop Research Grant Program
- Agricultural Chemical Response and Reimbursement Account Grant
- AGRI Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP) Certification Cost Share
- AGRI Livestock Investment Grant
- AGRI Meat, Poultry, Egg, and Milk Processing Grant
- AGRI Minnesota Value Added Grant Program
- AGRI Sustainable Agriculture Demonstration Grant Program
- AGRI Urban Agriculture Grant Program
- Emerging Farmer Technical Assistance Grant
- Farm to School First Bite Mini Grant
- Farm to School Full Tray Grant
- Good Food Access Program (GFAP) Equipment and Physical Improvement Grant
- Good Food Access Program Technical Assistance Grant
- Local Food Purchase Assistance Program Grant
- Meat Education and Training Grant
- MN Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
- Noxious Weed and Invasive Plant Grants
- Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) Rebate
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”