“Missouri Grown” Promotion Program
Missouri Department of Agriculture
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 30, 2019
Applicant type: Working Professional Indigenous Group For-Profit Business Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Missouri
Location of residency: MissouriView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Funding is limited and Request for Funding is available on a first-come, first-serve basis and must be postmarked by March 30, 2018 to be considered.
The Missouri Department of Agriculture has funds available to assist Missouri Producers with the cost associated with relabeling of Missouri agriculture products for retail sale. The “Missouri Grown” Promotion Program is funded through the Missouri Department of Agriculture’s Ag Business Development Division. The program will provide cost-share assistance to producers for the cost of incorporating the “Missouri Grown” logo on their product for retail sale.
Products grown/raised by Missouri producers or further processed and packaged by Missouri businesses are eligible. Use of the “Missouri Grown” logo must be preapproved by the Missouri Department of Agriculture.
Due to USDA labeling requirements for meat products, individuals or companies interested in using the “Missouri Grown” logo on meat products should contact the Missouri Department of Agriculture staff about use of the “Missouri Grown Member” logo.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only the approved costs incurred after Nov. 1, 2017 will be eligible for cost-share reimbursement
- Individuals first must complete and return the Missouri Grown cost-share application for prior approval and to receive a copy of the Missouri Grown logo.
- Once the logo is incorporated, return paid receipts of invoices, along with samples of or proof of completed labeling that incorporates the Missouri Grown logo.
- Reimbursement rate is 75% of labeling/packaging cost up to $1,000 for label/packaging incorporating the “Missouri Grown” logo.
- Eligible expenses include:
- Graphic design expenses for incorporating the “Missouri Grown” logo
- Product labels
- Printed boxes
- Printed product packaging
- PLU labels
- “Missouri Grown” logo stickers to place on existing packaging inventory
- Examples of ineligible expenses:
- Salaries/payroll for employees
- Donations/contributions to fundraisers
- Reprinting of existing packaging materials without the “Missouri Grown” logo
- Reprinting of existing packaging materials with the “Missouri Grown” logo
- Blank packaging materials
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the “Missouri Grown” Promotion Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.