Scientific Research Instrumentation Program
MJ Murdock Charitable Trust
Grant amount: Up to US $450,000
Fields of work: Engineering Science Health & Medicine
Applicant type: College / University
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
The Trust’s mission is to enrich the quality of life in the Pacific Northwest by providing grants and enrichment programs to organizations seeking to strengthen the region’s educational, spiritual, and cultural base in creative and sustainable ways.
In addition to a special interest in education and scientific research, the Trust partners with a wide variety of organizations that serve the arts, public affairs, health and medicine, human services, leadership development, and persons with disabilities.
Across the Pacific Northwest, research institutions are doing important work that can potentially benefit individuals, families and communities both here and far beyond. The Murdock Trust supports this groundbreaking research by helping to facilitate lab discoveries and bring innovation to where it’s needed most.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only applications from scientific research institutions or major universities will be considered.
- The Trust has an understanding with all research institutions in our funding region that only institutional priority requests are to be submitted
- No more than two proposals should be under consideration by the Trust from any institution at any given time.
- No more than three proposals for support of research projects in the natural
sciences or engineering, or medicine can be submitted in two calendar years, beginning in January 2014.
- The Trust prefers requests for projects in the natural sciences where the main objective is the acquisition of new knowledge.
- Training students in conducting research is an important consideration.
- The Trust does not accept grant requests from individual researchers unless the institution endorses that request as its priority to the Trust.
- The authority to provide this endorsement lies with the chief executive officer of the institution or may be delegated to a chief academic or research officer.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to MJ Murdock Charitable Trust by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“After entering my search parameters, I always have useful, accurate, and well-organized results [with Instrumentl].”