MMSA/SMEF Presidential Scholarship
Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration Inc. (SME)Suggest an update
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2020 (Pre proposal)
Later deadlines: Oct 15, 2020 (Full proposal)
Grant amount: US $4,000
Fields of work: Mineralogy Engineering Geology Mining Engineering Materials Science and Engineering
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Minimum GPA: 3.5View website Save
About this funder:
The Mining and Metallurgical Society of America and the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration Foundation offer up to two significant scholarships on an annual basis to an outstanding students whose study programs encompass any aspect of the extractive minerals industry.
The SME Foundation supports all efforts to recruit talented students for the minerals
industry. MMSA is dedicated to promoting and improving the understanding and
appreciation of the role played by mining and metallurgy in the United States.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Study program must be directed towards:
- Mining or geological engineering.
- Metallurgy, metallurgical engineering, or chemical engineering as related to metal recovery.
- Mining or mineral exploration geology.
- Environmental science or engineering as related to mining activities.
- Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed at least three years of undergraduate studies with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50.
- Be an SME student member in good standing.
- Attend a school that is ABET-accredited and/or has an SME student chapter.
- Demonstrate a desire for and a probability of success in a career in the minerals industry
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.