MN Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP): Agricultural Land Easements (ALE)
USDA: Natural Resources Conservation Service of MinnesotaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Feb 28, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Minnesota
Location of residency: MinnesotaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Agricultural Land Easements (ALE)
NRCS provides financial assistance to eligible partners for purchasing Agricultural Land Easements that protect the agricultural use and conservation values of eligible land. In the case of working farms, the program helps farmers and ranchers keep their land in agriculture. The program also protects grazing uses and related conservation values by conserving grassland, including rangeland, pastureland and shrubland. Eligible partners include Indian tribes, state and local governments and non-governmental organizations that have farmland or grassland protection programs.
Under the Agricultural Land component, NRCS may contribute up to 50 percent of the fair market value of the agricultural land easement. Where NRCS determines that grasslands of special environmental significance will be protected, NRCS may contribute up to 75 percent of the fair market value of the agricultural land easement.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Land eligible for agricultural easements includes cropland, rangeland, grassland, pastureland and nonindustrial private forest land.
- To enroll land through agricultural land easements, NRCS enters into cooperative agreements with eligible partners.
- Eligible partners include Indian tribes, state and local governments and non-governmental organizations that have farmland or grassland protection programs.
- Each easement is required to have an agricultural land easement plan that promotes the long-term viability of the land.
- NRCS will prioritize applications that protect agricultural uses and related conservation values of the land and those that maximize the protection of contiguous acres devoted to agricultural use.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MN Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP): Agricultural Land Easements (ALE) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.