MO BIO Microbiome Awards
MO BIO Laboratories, Inc.
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $5,000 in in-kind support
Anticipated deadline: Aug 14, 2018 6:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Age restriction: At least 18 years of age
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 5 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Microbiome Awards provide products and recognition to scientists in the microbiome field.
QIAGEN announced the Microbiome Awards, which aim to provide extraordinary scientists with products and recognition to carry out scientific work in the field of microbiome research.
Submissions for the Microbiome Awards are now being accepted from researchers worldwide. QIAGEN, the sponsor of the awards, is generously donating products and services valued at up to $65,000 USD for one grand prize winner. The winner will receive a research package consisting of the following: a two-year license to Microbial Genomics Pro Suite, analysis of 250 samples using the Cosmos ID Genomics Platform, NGS Library Prep of 96 samples using any NGS library prep kit or $3000 USD NGS library prep services, sample Prep of 400 samples using any DNA or RNA isolation Kit or $3000 USD in sample prep services, and the choice of a free QIAcube or PowerLyzer Homogenizer.
The judging panel consists of independent, distinguished representatives from various institutions and universities who are currently leading the field of microbiome research.
A single grand prize winner will receive the following prize page valued at up to $65,000 USD. No additional awards will be given.
- 2 year license to Microbial Genomics Pro Suite
- Analysis of 250 samples using Cosmos ID Genomics Platform
- NGS Library Prep of 96 samples using choice of kit OR $3,000 USD in library prep services
- Sample Prep of 400 samples using any DNA or RNA isolation Kit OR $3,000 USD in DNA or RNA isolation services
- FREE QIAcube or PowerLyzer Homogenizer
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The contest is open to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Entrants must have been awarded their Ph.D. in the last 5 years.
- Both men and women are given an extension to the length of time from being awarded their Ph.D. that is equivalent to the time taken away from research due to the birth or adoption of a child, or the direct care of sick, injured, or disabled children for a maximum of up to 18 months per child.
- This is an international contest.
- Submissions to the Awards are admitted from any researcher regardless of age, gender, country of origin, background or religion.
- Submissions will not be accepted from members of scientific groups supervised by any of the judges.
- Employees and immediate family members of QIAGEN cannot participate in the contest.
- Health care providers are not eligible to enter.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the MO BIO Microbiome Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.