Douglas County Community Foundation (Kansas)Suggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 27, 2021 3:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $500 - US $20,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Youth Development & Leadership Life Skills Training & Rehabilitation Basic Human Needs Educational Access & Equity Poverty Alleviation & Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Indigenous Group, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Douglas County, Kansas
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: In addition to traditional, non-crisis application requests, applications requesting funding for projects or programs for:
- a nonprofit’s coordinated and well-planned program to support those impacted by COVID-19, such as housing, emergency relief, etc.; or
- how a nonprofit is expanding or re-evaluating their programming to support those most impacted by COVID-19 may potentially be considered for funding.
Please keep in mind that all grant applications, whether COVID-19 related or not, must demonstrate how the mission of Momentum Grants will be achieved.
Momentum Grants fuel projects and programs that help people who are facing poverty build momentum as they take steps to reach their potential and positively impact our community.
Grants will support projects, programs and initiatives that:
- Provide important educational opportunities and experiences to those who might not otherwise receive them because of limited income or challenging life circumstance.
- Give people the tools and support they need to move from crisis to stability.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Proposal must come from a 501(c)(3) entity, tribal organization or government agency.
- Grants must benefit residents of Douglas County, Kansas.
- Applicants must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
- Successful applicants will:
- Demonstrate how their program will fulfill the goals of the Momentum grant.
- Address the opportunities and challenges faced by people in Douglas County.
- Show a collaborative spirit, working with other community partners and volunteers, where possible.
- Sports teams and leagues are not eligible to apply.
- Momentum grants will not be awarded for:
- Administrative or general operating expenses
- Annual Campaigns
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events
- Lobbying or political activities
- Debt retirement
- Endowment funds
- Individual, non-charitable projects or causes