Monarch Garden Grants
Native Plant Society of Texas
Grant amount: US $50 - US $400
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Texas
Location of residency: TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Native Plant Society of Texas promotes research, conservation and utilization of native plants and plant habitats of Texas through education, outreach and example.
The Native Plant Society of Texas awards small grants to nature centers, schools, educational groups and others to help fund development of Monarch demonstration gardens or Waystations on public sites in their immediate areas. This program was started to educate members and the public about Monarch conservation and to encourage restoration of Monarch habitats throughout the Texas migration flyway.
Grants are funded by Native Plant Society of Texas, the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Monarch Watch and by individual donations to the Bring Back the Monarchs to Texas (BBMT) program.
The total amount of monies to be budgeted for this program varies. Groups are not required to spend their own funds to match the amount of the grant.
Approved Types of Expenditures
- Funds must be spent on native milkweeds and native nectar plants.
- Applications will be accepted for new gardens and improvement and maintenance of previously installed Monarch Waystations or Monarch Demonstration Gardens.
- Plants can be replaced or milkweeds can be added.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Most schools and garden clubs will qualify for a grant.
- Native Plant Society members, chapters and volunteers may recruit and aid other organizations, schools and individuals to write a grant.
- Our intent is to provide outreach and education to our communities so we don’t want to award grants to our own chapters.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Monarch Garden Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.