Montgomery County Foundation Grant
Montgomery County FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Sep 11, 2020 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Nov 2, 2020 1:00pm PST (Full proposal)
Grant amount: Up to US $38,000
Fields of work: Environmental Conservation Civic Affairs Art & Culture Humanities & Social Science Human & Social Services Community Development & Revitalization Economic Services & Development Education Environment Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Montgomery County Foundation, Inc. is a community foundation whose mission it is to receive, administer, and manage under community control, funds, primarily for permanent endowments, received from public and private resources and to distribute grants for charitable purposes, so as to improve the quality of life for people in Montgomery County and the surrounding areas both now and in the future. In partnership with donors and grantees, it seeks to build on community assets and meet community needs through responsible stewardship of funds and effective grantmaking.
Donors establish permanent funds for a number of reasons, ranging from providing scholarships to supporting specific nonprofit agencies or broad charitable purpose. Grants from certain funds may be awarded with the advice from the donor or a committee that advises the fund. Other funds have been earmarked for and are of philanthropic interest such as arts, culture, humanities, human services, community economic development, education, public society benefit and the environment. These grants are awarded through a review process involving input from the Grantmaking Committee of the Foundation and approval by the Board of Directors.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligibility is limited to nonprofit, 501(c)3 tax exempt organizations with budgets $3,000,000 or less.
- If your agency has received grants for three consecutive years, you must take an entire year off.
- You may apply again for the following year.
- Please be aware that the Foundation does not fund the following:
- Organizations outside of Montgomery County; unless their work specifically benefits people in Montgomery County;
- Umbrella Funding Organizations for the purpose of re-granting;
- Support for religious indoctrination or activities;
- Capital Campaign/improvements;
- Deficit Financing;
- Support for equipment and supplies except as they are integral to the project/organization budget;
- Fundraising campaigns and expenses, and/or fundraising staff;
- Salary for new staff positions or for individual staff positions except as they are integral to the organization budget;
- Lobbying, electioneering and activities of political nature;
- Activities that have the potential to support terrorism;
- Political activities of any kind;
- Ads, sponsorships, or special events; and
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”